High School camp information follows the JR/MS camp information.
The Wildcat Golf Academy will hold a series of week-long camps for junior golfers who are looking to improve their game over the summer. The camp day will go from 9 am- 3 pm with range instruction taking place at the Luke Donald Practice Facility at The Glen Club and on course instruction at the Glenview Paddle and Prairie Club, which is across the street from The Glen Club.
WGA instructor and Northwestern Men’s Volunteer Assistant Coach Tim Streng will direct these camps. Golfers who register for camp must have a basic knowledge of golf. These camps are not for beginner golfers. There is a maximum of 12 golfers per camp.
The cost for one week of camp: $800. If you sign up for multiple weeks, you will receive a 10% discount (Discount Code: MULTIPLE19). There is also a 10% discount if you are registering a sibling(s). Please contact Lisa Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org for a discount code.
2019 WILDCAT GOLF ACADEMY SUMMER CAMP -JR HIGH & MS CAMPERS
Monday-Friday, 9 am – 3 pm
*The schedule for the day follows the week-by-week camp schedule.
WEEK #1 – June 17-21 • 9 am-3 pm (Grades 6th-8th)
WEEK #2 – June 24-28 • 9 am-3 pm (Grades 3rd-5th)
WEEK #3 – July 8-12 • 9 am-3 pm (Grades 6th-8th)
WEEK #4 – July 15-19 • 9 am-3 pm (Grades 3rd-5th)
2019 DAILY SCHEDULE
• 9 am -11 am: Range Instruction at the Luke Donald Practice Facility
• 11 am – 11:45 am: Lunch – Each golfer should bring their own lunch
• 11:45 am-12:15 pm: Proper warm up before each round
• 12:30 pm-2:30 pm: On course instruction at the Glenview Prairie Club – Golf & Paddle (across the street from The Glen Club)
• 2:30 pm-3 pm: Coaches post round wrap up with group
Range instruction will consist of:
• Before and after video analysis of player’s swing
• Short game evaluation/test
• Station rotation covering all aspects of the game
• End of week short game evaluation/test
2019 High School Summer Camp
The WGA High School Summer Program is perfect for any incoming freshman or current high school golfer looking to improve on all areas of the game to prepare them for their high school tryouts and golf season. Practices will be twice a week for 90 minutes each day.
Luke Donald Practice Facility at The Glen Club • Cost: $950
Monday: July 1, 8 15, 22, 29, August 5, 12
Wednesday: July 10, 17, 24, 31; August 7, 14
Practices will include:
• Individualized instruction covering full swing, short game and putting
• Group training
• Weekly Skill Assessments
• Tournament Preparation
The practices will cover these areas but will also focus on helping the player organize practices when they are on their own so they continue to facilitate the learning and improvement process.