The Wildcat Golf Academy will hold summer camps for youth, middle school and high school golfers this summer at The Glen Club. Please Note: The high school camp information follows the Youth and Middle School Camp information.
YOUTH AND MIDDLE SCHOOL CAMP
The WGA will hold a series of week-long camps for junior golfers who are looking to improve their game over the summer. The camp day will go from 9 am- 3 pm with range instruction taking place at the Luke Donald Practice Facility at The Glen Club and on course instruction at the Glenview Paddle and Prairie Club, which is across the street from The Glen Club.
Wildcat Golf Academy instructor and Northwestern Volunteer Assistant Coach Tim Streng will direct these camps. Golfers who register for camp must have a basic knowledge of golf. These camps are not for beginner golfers. There is a maximum of 12 golfers per camp.
The cost for one week of camp: $800. If you sign up for multiple weeks, you will receive a 10% discount. There is also a 10% discount if you are registering a sibling(s). Please contact Lisa Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org for a discount code.
WILDCAT GOLF ACADEMY SUMMER CAMPS
Monday-Friday, 9 am – 3 pm • Cost: $800
WEEK #1 – June 18-22 • 9 am-3 pm (Grades 6th-8th)
WEEK #2 – June 25-29 • 9 am-3 pm (Grades 3rd-5th)
WEEK #3 – July 9-13 • 9 am-3 pm (Grades 6th-8th)
WEEK #4 – July 23-27 • 9 am-3 pm (Grades 3rd-5th)
2018 DAILY SCHEDULE
- 9 am -11 am: Range Instruction at the Luke Donald Practice Facility
- 11 am – 11:45 am: Lunch – Each golfer should bring their own lunch
- 11:45 am-12:15 pm: Proper warm up before each round
- 12:30 pm-2:30 pm: On course instruction at the Glenview Prairie Club – Golf & Paddle (across the street from The Glen Club)
- 2:30 pm-3 pm: Coaches post round wrap up with group
Range instruction will consist of:
- Before and after video analysis of player’s swing
- Short game evaluation/test
- Station rotation covering all aspects of the game
- End of week short game evaluation/test
2018 HIGH SCHOOL CAMP
The WGA High School Summer Program is perfect for any incoming freshman or current high school golfer looking to improve on all areas of the game to prepare them for their high school tryouts and golf season. Practices will be twice a week for 90 minutes each day.
Luke Donald Practice Facility at The Glen Club
Monday: July 9, 16, 23, 30, August 6
Wednesday: July 11, 18, 25; August 1, 8
Practices will include:
- Individualized instruction covering full swing, short game and putting
- Group training
- Weekly Skill Assessments
- Tournament Preparation
The practices will cover these areas but will also focus on helping the player organize practices when they are on their own so they continue to facilitate the learning and improvement process.