Co-Founder, Wildcat Golf Junior Academy
Northwestern University, Director of Golf and Head Men’s Coach
At a Glance
- Named one Golf Magazine’s “Top 100 Teachers In America” – Just one of three collegiate head coaches on the list
- Coach for Luke Donald, who earned the world’s No. 1 ranking in June 2011 in the Official World Golf Ranking; he held the No. 1 ranking for 56 weeks
- 27th season coaching at Northwestern including as an assistant coach, head men’s golf coach and director of golf for the men and women’s programs.
- Since taking over as Director of Golf, the NU women’s team finished as the NCAA Runner Up in 2017 and won two Big Ten Championships, 2013 and 2015.
- 2012 Illinois PGA Teacher of the Year
- Has done short game and putting with PGA Tour players Trevor Immelman, Gary Woodland, Keegan Bradley, Webb Simpson, Patrick Cantlay, and Nick Watney as well as LPGA players Min Lee and Chie Arimura. He has also done work with current multiple web.com players
- In 2002, Golfweek tabbed him as one of its 40 individuals under the age of 40 who have an impact in the golf industry
- Wildcat Golf Academy Golf Week‘s National Coach of the Year in 1997 and four-time Big Ten Coach of the Year
- Directed Northwestern to four Big Ten titles (1999-2001, 2006), five individual Big Ten Championships in that time (Luke Donald, 2000 and 2001; Chris Wilson, 2006; Eric Chun, 2009; David Lipsky, 2010), and seven top-30 NCAA national finishes in the last 14 years
- Has former players playing on the PGA Tour, Nationwide Tour, European Tour, Challenge Tour, Canadian Tour, NGA Hooters Tour, Asian Tour, and the Gateway Tour.
- T100 Logo AlumniAdditional Wildcats who have played for Goss and earned their PGA Tour Cards: Jess Daley (2001); Tom Johnson (2006), Chris Wilson (2009)
- Ranked 4th best instructor in Illinois in 2015 by Golf Digest
- Coached two active Wildcats to berths in Major Championships, with Dillon Dougherty earning a spot in the 2006 Masters and US Open and Eric Chun qualifying for the 2010 British Open
- Written instructional articles for Golf Magazine and Golf Digest and appeared twice on Golf Academy Live in 2006
- Played collegiate golf at Northwestern under WGA co-founder Jeff Mory
- Also served as Mory’s assistant coach at NU from 1992-96
- President of Board of Governors, The First Tee of Greater Chicago 2016-present
Our mission is to impact the lives of young people by providing learning facilities and educational programs that promote character development and life-enhancing values through the game of golf.